4cool
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games - Movies - Clips - Wrestling - Music - Artists - Chat - Women - Cooking - Cars - Football - Art - Programmes - iPhone - Laptops - Girls - Jokes

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anxiety Panic Attack & Agoraphobia--Overall Goals

ameer
admin stator
admin stator
ameer

https://4cool.ahlamontada.com 
Post Anxiety Panic Attack & Agoraphobia--Overall Goals   Anxiety Panic Attack & Agoraphobia--Overall Goals Date-310Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:53 am

The overall goals in over coming anxiety panic attack is toultimately notice that when your body activating, your subconscious issimply telling you that there is something or someone from which youneed to run�the fight/flight of the General Adaptation Syndrome (GAS).Of course if you look 360 degrees (all around you), you will not findanything or anyone that is threatening your life physically. But,what's important to notice is that the GAS will activate any time yourfinancial, social, or family status is threatened or if your ego (howyou identify yourself) is threatened. For instance, you bought aChevrolet, drive it, and like it. You�re at a party and someone says,�Chevy�s are ugly cars.� Now if you own a Ford, you would feel nothing,but because you own a Chevrolet, it would normal for you to sense a bitof defensiveness and even anger. This is your subconscious preparingyou to fight or run from the person who offended you. Yet, to punchthis person in the nose is inappropriate--even silly--and to run awayfrom the person is likewise silly, but that�s exactly what yoursubconscious is preparing you to do. So when you observeactivation of anxiety it simply to notice that your intelligence ispreparing you to run or fight�in your case (because of your responsiblepersonality) run away. For you there are four basic reasonsanxiety panic attack happens:
1. You just ate within the last 20 minutes-to-an hour or so a high refined carbohydrate portion of food or drank a drink with caffeine or alcohol.
2. You just experienced a disappointment�something didn�t work out as planed or desired�bad news�some plan fell through.
3.Something reminded you of one of your disappointments�it could havebeen a thought, a reminder, a dream, or something someone said.
4.Conditioning: Because this has happened many times before without yourability to understand the reasoning you�ve associated the feelings withother stimuli. For instance, Pavlov�s famous conditioning of the dog tosalivate. Pavlov rang a bell whenever he gave the dog food. Afterseveral repetitions he then only rang the bell and the dog salivatedwithout the presence of food. Likewise certain stimuli or for thatmatter even thoughts can cause activation. A confession: A year or so ago I had taken some medication that contributed to shortness of breadth and muscle tension�I experienced classical anxiety without any known reason. What I did to deal with it:
1. Acknowledged my disappointment (I get them too) and noticed there were some things from which I�d just like to run.
2. Took a quick look at my diet�it was right on track�no carbohydrates that could be causing the problem.
3. Took a look at the medication I had been taking for about six months. I remembered that over the course of the last several months I noticed muscle tension in various parts of my body and learned it was a side effect of the meds as well as possible anxiety.
4. I had my doctor change my medication. Now, you�d think that because I changed medication, that the anxiety would disappear, but it didn�t just go away. It got to the point I even postponed my dentalvisit for a cleaning because I didn�t want to deal with having thefeelings during the middle of my visit. This would be particularlyembarrassing for me since I specialize in working with anxiety and panic attack. WhatI noticed is that whenever I drove, I�d begin noticing tension in mychest and had difficulty breathing. Even sitting in my recliner at homeI noticed tension in the chest and had difficulty breathing. It got tothe point where whenever I thought of it happening, it happened�nodisappointments present other than being disappointed with the tensionhappening. It even seemed like when I�d noticed I was free ofit for a few hours I�d think to myself, �I wonder if it�s gone and I�dtry to remember what it felt like to have anxiety and sure enough, thefeelings would return. I was amazed at my need to test myself to see ifI could control it and get rid of the feelings consciously. Of course Icouldn�t control it. What I did to get beyond it was:
� Practice observing the activation of my muscles and breathing. I would observe my breathing being shallow and in my upper chest. I noticed breathing being difficult. �Acknowledge any disappointments I had. Yes, I had disappointments. Ididn�t think that they really contributed to my body activating, butnone the less, it didn�t hurt to acknowledge them and make sure I wasdealing with them as opposed to avoiding them. Of course there weresome, i.e. I was hoping there would be a way of getting better searchengine results for my website and it just wasn�t happening. I didn�treally know what to do about it and directed my subconscious to be opento finding a solution. Howdid that work? I happened upon a service�aweber.com to send out emailsand then I found a program that enabled me to submit articles tothousands of ezines. It was like learning a new language; neverthelessit was tackling my disappointments rather than running away from them. �Make what I felt OK to be there. This was a challenge. Rather than tryto control, resist, or get rid of the tension just notice it and let itbe there knowing that �this too will pass.� � Let myself knowthat, �I�d like to get beyond it and forget what it feels like.� Thiswas very important and even though in the moment I had troublerealizing it could happen, I knew it could happen as I�d keep repeatingto myself, �I�d like to forget about it.� � Remember how lifewas when I was free. Yes, there was a time in my life before I knewwhat tension on the chest felt like. It was difficult to remember, butnone the less, it was there.
Remember that in the past I once hada stuttering problem, got beyond it, remembered I had it, but forgotwhat it felt like to have had it. Yes, after I had broken up from arelationship I felt a sense of extreme loss. It even affected my selfworth to such a degree that I stuttered�a particular problem for mesince I earned my living at that time by leading stop smoking and weight management seminars that totaled four hours four times a week.
Amonth later it all came to pass. Yes, I can remember I had the problemand forget what it felt like to have had it. And, although a raritynow, whenever I remember I had the issue I think, �can I cause it tohappen and prove to myself I can get rid of it;� before the thought iseven finished, my brain says, �too much trouble to demonstrate�forgetit,� and I go on with life. Homework: Focus on the six steps given above. Regardless of what you've been told, using a revolutionary technique, anxiety panic attack is only a disease of ignorance and can be gotten rid of through understanding of a few basic concepts!
Page 1 of 1
َ

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
َ